In our continuous effort to improve the DeviantArt experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
DeviantArt's New Watermark
The DeviantArt watermark that can be added to image deviations has been redesigned! The new watermark is designed to protect your work without distracting viewers from enjoying it.
Previously submitted deviations with the watermark enabled will be transitioned to the new watermark automatically — however, with hundreds of millions of deviations to sort through, this process is going to take several weeks to complete. We'll report back in when the transition is finished.
To enable the watermark on your artwork, change the Display Options setting on the Submit page to something other than Original, and then select "Add watermark".
- If an image was resized while editing in DeviantArt muro, the redraw video would sometimes appear at an incorrect size. Fixed by Alisey
- Special characters in the titles of Notes were incorrectly being converted to HTML. Fixed by baclap
- In Sta.sh, some tooltips were not displaying where they were intended. Fixed by baclap
- The Groups modal on Profile Pages wouldn't display longer Group names. Fixed by helloandre
- Blocking deviants would not remove them from your Watch List, or vice versa. Fixed by inazar
- Unwatching a deviant from the Message Center would not remove their messages, where unwatching a deviant from the Watch Feed would. Unwatching now consistently removes messages in both places. Fixed by inazar
- On the Watch Feed, the "Show More" button for Journals would overlap the secondary navigation bar, when scrolling down the page. Fixed by outgoingcoyote
- In the Message Center, the Miscellaneous section was incorrectly labeled "Misecellaneouss". Fixed by baclap
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update
- Deviants said they liked the Stylus IRL, with some saying that they'd like to actually buy one. We hope you enjoyed our April Fools' Day articles, and that you had a fun day!
- In response to the Discuss topic, several deviants said that they enjoyed one of Google's many April Fools' Day pranks, be it com.google, Pac-man on Google Maps, or the "Add Music" button on YouTube.
Do you add watermarks to your images? Why/why not? If you do add a watermark, do you use a different digital signature for each work, or do you create one watermark that you use on most/all of your images?Header artwork: Drum Bridge by PaulWeber
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)