In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
The New Mobile Deviation PageThe deviation page on the mobile website has just gotten a huge uplift!
In uplifting the mobile deviation page, we re-evaluated what the most important functions and information on the deviation page were, and altered the page to present them in the most easily accessible way. From there, the deviation page was given a visual refresh for ease, clarity, and simplicity.Read more »
Verold Integration in Journals
We're proud to announce a new integration with Verold, a platform for artists to upload their 3D work and publish it to the Web. Verold's viewer is now integrated into deviantART Journals, giving you the ability to showcase your 3D art!Read more »
Note Regarding Site and Account Security
Information has come forward online this week regarding a bug named Heartbleed
We want to reassure you that deviantART was not affected by this bug.
However, to protect your deviantART account in the incident you use the same or a similar username/password combination on other websites, we strongly recommend changing your password
on any and all accounts you use.
We'll continue to monitor this situation to ensure your experience is a good one.
- On the Submit page, the example thumbnails in the category selection area were not clickable, and in some cases were broken altogether. Fixed by yumeruby
- In certain circumstances when submitting a Journal, the "Featured" option selection could not be changed, when submitting to the "My Journal” category. Fixed by yumeruby
- For Internet Explorer users visiting a deviant's Gallery, if that deviant had a very large number of Gallery folders, some folder icons would fail to load. Fixed by yumeruby
- Scraps could be submitted exclusively to Groups, but would not be included in the Gallery because of its category setting. Scraps can no longer be submitted exclusively to Groups. Fixed by lepidosteus
- A very small number of deviants were unable to submit deviations properly at times, due to a rare error involving Groups they help administrate. Fixed by yumeruby
- The autocomplete menu for mentions was sometimes missing user symbols. Fixed by kemayo
- For the Commissions Widget, the "Add Media" tool was missing for example thumbnails. Fixed by inazar
- The Sta.sh tab in the Sta.sh Writer sidebar briefly stopped working. Fixed by inazar
- Sta.sh Writer's sidebar would not appear when visiting from an iPad. Fixed by inazar
- Changing a paragraph's blockquote setting would not visually update the toolbar button. Fixed by Alisey
- When trying to edit a Journal submitted to a Group, clicking the "Edit with Sta.sh Writer" button would mistakenly direct to a blank Sta.sh Writer page, rather than to the already-submitted Journal. Fixed by kemayo
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update
! Here's some of the feedback you left for us:
- Deviants were excited about Free Premium Membership Day. We hope that you enjoyed the events, and took advantage of the extra features!
- Feedback regarding the integration of Sketchfab embeds was positive.
- In response to the Discuss topic, several deviants mentioned that they use the Autocomplete menu frequently, although some said that they are more inclined to use the Autocomplete menu when the deviant they are trying to mention has a long or complicated username.
- fillyrox suggested a "Recently Mentioned" option for the Autocomplete menu, so that usernames that were recently selected would appear at the top of the menu.
When adding artwork to your Favourites or Collections, how do you choose to organize them? How frequently do you browse your own Favourites and Collections? Do you create Collections more for yourself, or to share and feature artwork with others?