Combine the past and present to reimagine the essence of Sapporo!
The iconic Sapporo can is a study in minimalism: sleek, clean, and unadorned. Sapporo and DeviantArt challenge you to create an original piece of art using or featuring the Sapporo can that combines elements of both classic and modern Japan. Using the Sapporo can in your entry, combine elements of Japan's past and present to create a new concept piece of art.
With Sapporo’s strong ties to both the art world and their Japanese roots, your artistic options are endless—the only limit is your imagination.
How to enter the Sapporo CANvas Contest
- Watch the official Sapporo video below for inspiration and to help you understand the brand. Then, download these reference photos to help you create your work of art! Using these photos is not a requirement.Download References
- Include the Sapporo can or elements of the can in your artwork to create your entry. You may use any visual medium as long as your entry is submitted as a single JPEG or PNG. Be sure to read the Official Rules for more information.Read Official Rules
- Submit your entry using the button below.Enter Now
Contest open to Mexico/US 21+ or Canada 19+ residents.
Get inspired by watching the video
Grand Prize Winners
3 Winners will receive these prizes
- $1,500.00 USD
- Sapporo x Vitaly Collaboration piece: KAMPAI Necklace (ARV $60)
- 2 Sapporo can-glasses (ARV $30)
*Entries may be featured in a Sapporo social media advertising campaign promoting the contest.
The Sapporo CANvas Contest Begins at 12:00AM Time (PDT) on July 29, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (PDT) on September 02, 2015.
- Contest is open only to current residents of: (1) the United States, the District of Columbia, its territories, and U.S. military installations, (2) Mexico, or (3) Canada.
- Entrant must be at least 19 years or older as of July 29, 2015 for Canadian residents or 21 years or older as of July 29, 2015 for Mexican and United States residents.
- Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (PDT) on September 02, 2015 and must be submitted through the contest gallery on DeviantArt.
- Membership to deviantart.com is required to enter the Contest. Membership to deviantart.com is free.
- The work may originate in any visual medium excluding cosplay, photographs, or moving images. Photographs of an entry made in another medium is acceptable. Licensed brushes and textiles are permitted. Read Official Rules for more details.
- Your entry must be in the form of a single .JPG or .PNG file at least 2000 pixels in its shortest length.
- Must be the Entrant's original work made for the Contest and may not use stock materials from others, renders, trademarks, or characters other than those provided as downloadable references to this contest.
The three winners will be selected by a representative of the Sapporo brand. The judge will use the following criteria in whatever degree the judge believes appropriate:
- Use of the Sapporo can or its elements in the Work
- Overall Impact of the Work
- Originality and Artistic Skill
- The combination of modern and ancient Japanese styles
Please read the Official Rules for more details about judging.Enter NowRead Official Rules