The New Mobile Web HeaderA new header for the mobile website has just been released! Our mobile website header has been given a minor overhaul to be more mobile-friendly, and given a sleek new look to match.
Menu items have been updated for ease of access and use, providing a solid balance of clarity and functionality. Everything that was previously available through the menu accessed by tapping on the logo is still present, so everything you know and love is still one tap away.
- The Webcam widget on Profile Pages has been phased out. Over the years, as the web has evolved, it has lost its original value. Members can include images in Custom widgets or widget descriptions. Premium Members will have their webcam image automatically transitioned into a Custom widget tomorrow.
- For a short time, uploading files was not working consistently. Fixed by chris
- Under certain circumstances, literature and Journal deviations could end up in a partially submitted state, creating a deviation page and duplicate Sta.sh item without sending a Message Center notification. The root cause of the problem has been fixed; affected deviations will be repaired in the near future. Fixed by kemayo
- Ads were not positioned correctly, when on the mobile website. Fixed by baclap
- In some instances, newly created Groups would have a duplicate Journal tab. Fixed by DEVlANT
- Older URLs to browse specific categories would not redirect to the proper new URLs. Fixed by elhsmart
- Copying and pasting a deviant's username into a deviation description would bring their user symbol with it, and cause display issues. Fixed by inazar
- When posting a Journal to a Super Group from the Journal tab of that Group's page, Journal Skins installed to the Group would not load. Fixed by inazar
- An extra button was appearing on the Browse page next to the thumbnail setting buttons. Fixed by outgoingcoyote
- When submitting deviations to a Group, deviations marked as Mature Content wouldn't display in the "Contribute to Group" modal. Fixed by outgoingcoyote
Your FeedbackThanks for the feedback on last week's Site Update!
- With regard to the Discuss topic from last week, many deviants who responded said they commissioned other artists for personal reasons, usually for art of their characters or as a gift to a friend.
- Deviants who said that they commission artists for professional reasons mentioned doing so for graphics for their website or covers for their written works, among other things.
- Several deviants commented on last week's update when DeviantArt encountered errors with uploading files. We appreciate your letting us know! Having said that, please be sure to file a bug report at the Help Desk should you encounter bugs in the future, as that way the appropriate teams are informed first.
Editing DeviationsWhen editing previously submitted deviations, what is your primary reason for doing so? (e.g is it to change the main file of the deviation, to update the description, etc.) How often do you edit your devations?
Header artwork: Coots by Renum63
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)