In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Coming Soon: New Sta.sh Submit
Beta testers are currently trying out the new submission process for Sta.sh, deviantART's upload and publishing platform. This new version includes a simplified and tidier interface that makes it easier to understand and use. The feedback on this new process has been very positive, so we will be rolling it out to all members early next week. If you'd like to try it out early, upgrade to a Premium Membership and enable Beta Testing in your Account Settings.
UPDATED (APRIL 30): The new Sta.sh submission process is now live for all members! To try it out, visit your Sta.sh!
New Thumbnails (Beta Testers Only)
Just over a month ago, we released a preview of deviantART's new thumbnails. Since then, we've been tweaking the display of the thumbnails based on community feedback. Beta testers are now testing the new thumbnails throughout the site, including browse, search, galleries, and favourites.
- At some browser sizes, print page images were being overlapped by the menu. Fixed by muteor
- Scraps category had incorrect file type restrictions. Fixed by shadowhand
- Deviations from the Scraps category were showing up when browsing by newest without selecting a category. Fixed by shadowhand and allixsenos
- A default font color was missing, which made the site look odd to people who have adjusted their settings to override browser fonts. Fixed by shadowhand
- The Points modal had display issues when opened while another menu was opened. Fixed by mpsb
- Sharing tools disappeared. Fixed by samshull
- Literature thumbnails on stacks don't animate. Fixed by kouiskas
- When visiting a Sta.sh link while logged out, it would sometimes not redirect to the correct link after logging in. Fixed by kouiskas
- The "next" button broke for public stacks. Fixed by kouiskas
- The "delete" button on Sta.sh item pages was not working. Fixed by aMoniker
The following Sta.sh bugs apply to features that are only available to beta testers:
- Fixed display issues with Film thumbs on the submission page. Fixed by aMoniker
- Dimmed watermark text when checkbox is disabled. Fixed by aMoniker
- The page no longer flickers when switching to edit mode. Fixed by aMoniker
- Sta.sh item pages now have a new submit button. Fixed by aMoniker
- Inline editing for title/description on Sta.sh item pages. Fixed by aMoniker
- Fixed some issues with copy and pasting into titles and descriptions. Fixed by adahacker
- The footer was broken on published deviations. Fixed by adahacker
- Fixed category picker issues for Internet Explorer. Fixed by adahacker
As a group admin, how do you feel about the Group messages you receive? What do you like about the Groups section of the Message Center and how do you feel it could be improved?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)