Illustrate an original gadget, outfit, or weapon inspired by the industrial world of The Order: 1886.
In this new game set in Victorian England, you will fight your way through zeppelins, mansions, and the gloomy streets of London with the help of unique Neo-Victorian inventions. What other gadgets, outfits, and weapons will help you along the way? Create a new device or a new version of an existing invention for The Order's collection for the chance to win a PS4 console and a trip to Sydney!
The Order: 1886 creates an alternate history in which a war between humanity and bestial Half-breeds has been raging for centuries.
Now in the midst of the Industrial Revolution, humanity has come ahead with the use of gadgets and weapons inspired by the inventions of Nikola Tesla. However, there's a new threat to the peace of London: a rebellion in the lower classes against the Knights of the Order and the society they represent. It's up to The Order to maintain peace and to protect humanity while danger lurks around every corner.
In this vision of Neo-Victorian London, innovators and inventors of the time have been forced to take their creations a step further, building masterful scientific works of destruction and defense. Explosive thermite rounds and bolts of concentrated electricity — these are just two of the innovative ways science has improved weaponry. Based off of actual scientific inventions of our own 1880s era, your weapons will reflect fascinating reality and advanced ingenuity combined.
Along with your advanced arsenal, various cutting-edge gadgets will help you greatly in your battle to maintain peace. With the vast scientific advances of the Industrial Revolution, The Order's technology has progressed further than anyone could have imagined. Whether you're seeing across great distances with a monocular or contacting airships and your fellow knights via wireless communicator, these gadgets will remarkably benefit your endeavors.
As a Knight of The Order, you are in charge of keeping the peace in the streets of London. You have to be ready for any manner of fisticuffs you may encounter, whether with one of the Half-breeds or one a member of the rebellion. True to Neo-Victorian style, your garb is not only highly practical for battle, but also fashionable and representative of the era.
Familiarize yourself with the Neo-Victorian world of The Order: 1886. Watch the trailer above and read through the descriptions of the weapons, gadgets, and outfits. For more information, visit the official game website HERE.
Create an original piece of art depicting a new weapon, gadget, or outfit for The Order. The item may be inspired by modern technology, but must not be a copy of an in-game tool. Read the official rules for more information.
SUBMIT YOUR CREATION
Submit your entry using the button below. Your entry must be at least 2,000 pixels in its shortest length and must be submitted as a single .JPG or .PNG.
Contest begins at 12:00 AM Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on January 27, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 (PT) on February 8, 2015.
- Entrant must be at least 18 years old as of January 27, 2015.
- Entrant must be a resident of Australia as of the date of his or her entry.
- Entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm (AEST) on February 8, 2015 and be submitted through the contest gallery on DeviantArt.
- Membership to www.deviantart.com is required to enter the Contest. Membership to www.deviantart.com is free.
- Entrant must follow the instructions on the Contest Site and submit a completed entry of an artwork ("the Work") depicting an original version of either a gadget, outfit or weapon inspired by the game The Order 1886 (the "Game").
- The Work may originate in any medium but must be submitted in the form of single .jpg or .png file at least 2,000 pixels in its shortest dimension.
- The Work may not use graphic materials copied from the Game, but may reference the graphic look and feel of the Game.
- The Work may not contain explanatory text; and, the judges will not consider explanatory text in the deviation description at the time of submission.
13 Semi-finalists will be selected by a judging panel of DeviantArt staff members. The three finalists will be selected from the semi-finalists by a judging panel of three prominent members of the Playstation staff. The Grand Prize winner will be selected live at an event in Sydney by a Representative of Sony Playstation.
All of the judges will use the following criteria to judge all of the entries in whatever degree the judges believe appropriate:
- Reflecting the Theme(s) of the Game
- Technical; Artistic and Creative Skill
- Overall Impact of the Work