In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
- Editing the deviantID widget would trigger an "Invalid Country" error, if the location was set to "Unspecified". Fixed by elhsmart
- Comment pages on the mobile website were not displaying properly. Fixed by ultramouse
- Downloading Sta.sh files would not work when viewing files inside of a stack. Fixed by Alisey
- The New Groups section of the Today page was missing. Fixed by justgalym
- When viewing the edit history of a comment, the previous versions would display signatures, regardless of one's browsing preference setting. Fixed by ultramouse
- Titles with special characters would not always display correctly, when viewing a Journal's preview. Fixed by Alisey
- When viewing search results, the page will now display the search term queried and the number of deviations found. Fixed by ultramouse
- For a brief period, clicking on a deviation thumbnail from some contest categories would lead to an empty page. Fixed by ultramouse
- When browsing the Motion Books category, the "All Categories" link in the category tree would display twice. Fixed by outgoingcoyote
- When browsing a subfolder in a deviant's Gallery, the link to the parent folder would not actually direct to the correct parent folder. Fixed by DEVlANT
- Editing a deviation was not possible, given the deviation one attempted to edit was reached by following a link embedded in another deviation's description. Fixed by Alisey
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update
! Here's some of what you had to say:
- Responses to the Discuss topic varied. In general, not many deviants said they post their works in progress to their Gallery, and a few deviants said they don't post works in progress at all.
- Of the deviants who do post works in progress, several mentioned posting them to Scraps. Some also mentioned using Sta.sh to hold their works in progress in order to share them with people whose feedback and critique they value.
Replying to Feedback
Do you reply to all of the comments, Favourites, Notes, etc. that you receive? Are there times where you feel as though you're unable to respond to everything, if you do? If you don't, is there a specific reason for that?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)