Removal of the Outgoing PageUpdate, October 24: We've removed the "Now Leaving deviantART.com" page that previously displayed when clicking a link that navigated to an external site. Outgoing links will still be signified with an outgoing symbol, and, to ensure a safe and enjoyable Internet experience, we encourage you to always be aware of the URL for any link you're clicking.
- The "Give" modals displayed when giving Points and other things was not displaying correctly in iOS 8. Fixed by baclap
- When in the Admin Area of a Group, editing the Announcements section would not save properly. Fixed by baclap
- For new deviants, the Watch Feed would not display their activity. Fixed by helloandre
- Status Updates would not visually retain their spacing around the edges immediately after editing, although they would displaypadding around the edges after editing. Fixed by inazar
- In rare cases, deviations that required a viewer to be logged in to see could still display, when embedded at full size within a Journal. Fixed by trezoid
Your FeedbackThank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update!
- We received a lot of feedback on last week's update due to the launch of all the new features, and we're continually appreciative of the passion which the community shows when new features are introduced and other features are updated. We're continuing to monitor performance and community feedback at this time.
- We've been hearing a lot of community suggestions on how the new features could be improved — some deviants compiled extensive feedback and even created mockups. Please keep it coming! Some of the interesting mockups for suggested improvements include rotane's detailed Activity suggestion, and Kiwikku's Collections and Watch Feed suggestions.
- In response to the Discuss topic, generally deviants enjoy seeing Status Updates and artwork from Collections most, when browsing their Watch Feed.
- Some deviants mentioned that the amount of Group deviation submissions they see in the Watch Feed can be too much, at times. To solve this, alltheoriginalnames suggested that deviations from Groups could display the same way Collections do.
- A few deviants mentioned that when viewing Collections in the Watch Feed, they'd like to be able to click through to individual works, rather than clicking through to the Collection first.
- NatahanKataka suggested a "Back to Top" button, when browsing the Watch Feed.
Improving NotesWe've been having early discussions about Notes and what would make a better private messaging system on deviantART. We know Notes search is a common request, but we'd like to hear what additional features or upgrades you'd like to see to the Notes system.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- A chat/realtime-like experience?
- Notes between a group of deviants?
- Easier ways to send a deviation to a friend via Notes?
- Something else?
Header artwork: Dimlight Forest by FerdinandLadera
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)