In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Updates to Literature Appearance
Additions to Sta.sh Writer
Group Journal Editing in Sta.sh Writer
Updates to the New Submit Art Page (Beta Testing)
Art Thumbnails in Journal Thumbnails (Beta Testing)
- The Community Relations Newsletter for September and October has been posted. Added by Moonbeam13
- For a short period of time, the top of the Message Center would display "No Messages" regardless of how many messages were actually present. Fixed by allixsenos
- Journals briefly could not be posted from the Journal section of a Group page. Fixed by kemayo
- Various changes were made to the category structure. Some older deviations were moved from invisible closed categories into active ones. Fixed by shahyarg
- Some ANSI deviation files were not recognized as a playable format when submitted. Fixed by randomduck
- The Edit Journal button was hidden when Beta Testing was enabled. Fixed by kemayo
- Some literature thumbnails showed no text preview when browsing. Fixed by kemayo
- Publishing Journals was very briefly not available. Fixed by kouiskas
- Deviations published in some literature categories did not have controls for toggling text and paragraph formatting. Fixed by kemayo
- Clicking the "Show More" button when browsing would sometimes cause IE 8 to jump to the top of the page. Fixed by banks
- Users with the deviation preference 'zoomed in' would occasionally see a zoomed out image when reloading a deviation page. Fixed by banks
- Browse and More Like This styles were tweaked for better use on mobile devices. Fixed by banks
- Publishing options were being cut off in Linux. Fixed by drommk
- Published Sta.sh Writer items would have an incorrect grey background color for people testing the new Submit Art page. Fixed by kouiskas
- On a published deviation, switching to Sta.sh comments would always be empty. Fixed by kouiskas
- Updating a published deviation via API or changing the main file of a deviation would reset the size preference for that deviation. Fixed by kouiskas
- Comment counts were not being displayed properly in Sta.sh. Fixed by kouiskas
- Drag and drop didn't work in the Opera browser. Fixed by kouiskas
- A very small number of deviations submitted with Sta.sh Writer had encoding issues. Fixed by kemayo, inazar and jekor
- Raw indent characters were not preserved. They will now be turned into spaces. Fixed by kemayo
- Pressing the tab key did not indent paragraphs. Fixed by kemayo
- Unknown HTML tags in text pasted into Sta.sh Writer were not being removed. Fixed by kemayo
- Feedback regarding site navigation was mixed. Many users mentioned that they liked navigation as it is currently, while some mentioned that they would like for it to be more simple.
- Aren-Elsa suggested that the site navigation should scroll with the page, so that site navigation can be reached from anywhere on the page without having to scroll.
- arcelian suggested that a "log out of just this session" button could be added to the site navigation, for deviants who frequently log in from multiple locations.
- Several users liked the suggestion regarding email notifications when a Note is received, though others mentioned that they would like to be able to turn them off, if implemented.
- Some deviants would like to be able to watch another deviant's Favourites. Suggested by BojanPapic
- When leaving a Group, some deviants would like an easy way to have their work removed from the Group at the same time. Suggested by LilaeaBluecoat