In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
Update to the Twitter Widget
The Twitter widget for Profile Pages has been given a small update to better match Twitter's branding. It also allows the widget to tell you how many followers a user has on Twitter at a glance.
Commission Ratings Coming Soon
In the near future, we are planning to implement ratings for Commissions, so that buyers can leave feedback regarding the artist's performance on a completed Commission. In addition to the Commissions Portal, which we are still building and improving on, Commission Ratings will make it even easier for buyers to find hardworking, high-quality artists, and for artists to promote themselves.
Promoted Deviations and Journals
Promoted deviations and journals are pieces of media selected by and sent from deviantART that we believe you should know about. They represent deviations and journals we believe are of significant importance -- so much so that we want them to have a greater reach within the deviantART network. They appear and act just like any other deviation or journal in your Message Center, with the exception that they're clearly marked as Promoted. As with all deviations and journals, they can be commented on, favorited, shared, and more.
- Deviation pages would not always open in Internet Explorer. Fixed by shadowhand
- Menus on the mobile website were not working. Fixed by inazar and shadowhand
- Improvements were made to the sorting of the Friends List. Fixed by shadowhand
- Deviations could show up in the "More from this artist" section on their own deviation page. Fixed by helloandre
- When deleting stored deviations using the Opera browser, all modal buttons displayed as "Adjust Image". Fixed by adahacker
- Premium Membership rebilling would result in an additional "Gift" email being sent. Fixed by yury-n
- The "Follow us on Tumblr" link in the footer would erroneously open in a Share sized popup window. Fixed by shahyarg
- Items in the header were not correctly aligned on the mobile website. Fixed by helloandre
- Very long descriptions on Gallery pages did not adjust page layout gracefully. Fixed by shahyarg
- Click to view DeviantArt muro drawings in comments would only work for the first image. Fixed by inazar
- There were some overlap issues between comment replies and header menus. Fixed by inazar
- Various fixes were made to the Sta.sh API. Fixed by muteor
- The "View Original" and "Product Preview" buttons did not work when viewing Prints on deviations page. Fixed by helloandre
- The wording for the 5,000 Watch limit warning messages was unclear. Fixed by helloandre
- When opening an item from a stack, it would be impossible to navigate to the second page of comments. Fixed by kouiskas
- Uploading non-image items would result in a broken thumbnail until the page was refreshed. Fixed by kouiskas
- When returning to a deviation page after editing that deviation, modals would be incorrectly styled. Fixed by kouiskas
- On touch devices, the "Enter text" and "Select File from Sta.sh" links were hidden behind the upload button. Fixed by muteor
- Uploading non-image items as Premium Content would result in thumbnails being stuck on "stashing". Fixed by kouiskas
- Various bugs related to Multi-Submit and Scheduled Submit have been fixed. Fixed by kouiskas and drommk
- If someone drew on an image in deviantART muro that had been linked to and resized in a Sta.sh Writer document, the resizing would be lost. Fixed by kemayo
- Clicking on stacks in the Writer sidebar could cause display problems. Fixed by inazar
- Search boxes in the sidebar were not consistently aligned. Fixed by inazar
- Some sections of the sidebar had a large blank space at the bottom in Firefox. Fixed by Alisey
- The friends list in the deviantART section of the sidebar would cut off before showing all friends. Fixed by Alisey
- Multiple links that were included right next to one another were being mangled down into a single link in Webkit browsers. Fixed by Alisey
- Editing Journal Skins on the Write a Journal Entry page was broken for Beta Testers. Fixed by Alisey
Thanks for the feedback left on last week's Site Update! Here's some of what you had to say.
- Deviants were positive about Multi-Submit and Scheduled Submit.
- Feedback regarding the discuss topic varied. Having rich-text formatting and the emoticon sidebar in comments were both well-received, though some deviants who mentioned thumbnails or full-sized images being included in comments were opposed to their inclusion, or else their inclusion without a limit.
When you find artwork that you think a friend would like to see, how do you typically choose to share it with them? Do you use the "Share" feature to send them a Note? Do you manually send them a Note with a link or thumbnail in it? Do you share it with them via chat, email, or instant messaging? What other methods do you use?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)