In our continuous effort to improve the DeviantArt experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
The Runaway Llama BadgeLate last week
, two llamas captured the eyes of the world for a few hours, as they were on the run in Sun Valley, Arizona. To celebrate their fleeting freedom, and for the devious fun of it all, an additional level has been added to the already existing llama badge.
Hoax Involving Deleting Accounts
Recently there has been a surge in Journals being posted or shared that say that DeviantArt will be deleting accounts in the near future. This claim is one that we've seen circulate on site through Journals, and is not the first time that the claim has surfaced.
We want to reassure you that this is a hoax. We are not deleting accounts, and DeviantArt staff will always reach out to deviants by official means, from official DeviantArt staff accounts (which can be denoted by the DeviantArt logo proceeding after the username). If you have any questions or concerns about things of this nature in the future, please be sure to file a ticket at the Help Desk
, rather than via Journal.
- When submitting literature with a preview image, the preview thumbnail would be broken. Fixed by szlosek
- When creating a Poll, apostrophes were not being parsed correctly, and would display as \'. Fixed by kemayo
- The developer API console sidebar can now be filtered. Fixed by justgalym
- When creating a Collection from the "Add to Favorites" drop menu on deviation pages, trying to add that deviation to the newly created Collection would fail, and would also not give an error message when it did. Fixed by outgoingcoyote
- Some Groups would receive an error message saying that had too many widgets in one sone of the Group Profile, even though that wasn't the case. Fixed by outgoingcoyote
- On the Activity widget of the Profile Page, if you deleted a Status Update, the widget would still count the deleted status as though it were there, leading to the widget displaying one less item than it should. Fixed by inazar
- When viewing Group deviations in the Watch Feed, the artist's username would not display properly. Fixed by inazar
- The Manage Friends page would sometimes fail to load if you created a Deviant List that had specific bad characters in its title. Fixed by szlosek
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update
- The most common feature mentioned in response to last week's Discuss topic was Notes, which we know (and agree) ought to be present on the mobile app! It's something we still definitely intend to include in future iterations of the app.
- Deviants also mentioned wanting to see Group notifications from the mobile app.
- Pichulover20 suggested that swiping the notifications from the Notifications screen on the mobile app could delete the notification.
Your Daily Routine
What are three things you do each day, when you visit DeviantArt? Do you check your Message Center, then Notes, then Browse? What is your general habit, when on site?Header artwork: Stoney Creek by Six-Kings
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)